Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Sabres Sure Know How to Throw A (Sober) House Party

SabreTooth getting stoned on the couch. Rick Jeanneret doing body shots off of chicks in the kitchen with Rob Ray. Lindy Ruff drunkenly challenging Sens coach Bryan Murray to a fight. That's kinda what I expected to happen when I heard that the Sabres were having a house party for Game Four, which took place in Ottawa. Alas, I was sorely mistaken. It was all just a big, awkward get together at the HSBC in Buffalo.

I digress, it does seem like it was a kick ass event. Hopefully it was at least half as good as my imagination. Anyway, I just wanted to take the time to add on to the post from yesterday about how many fans actually showed up for this shindig. The numbers vary but the consensus is somewhere between 8,500 and 10,000. BuffaloSabres.com says it was 'over 8,500' and some YouTubers say 9880 and about 10,000. I don't know why I'm citing YouTube. I might as well just ask my four-year old cousin how many people he thought were there, and it would have the same amount of credibility. Either way, getting this many people to show up to an empty arena just sort of confirms what I was saying about how Sabres fans are some of the most rabid in the Eastern Conference. You probably don't want to get bitten by any of them, so bring some mace next time you go to Western New York.

Please SabreTooth, just say no to drugs.
Don Heupel/AP



No comments:

Post a Comment