Ah yes, it's Monday morning in hockey land. Today is not any Monday though, it's actually quite a special one. If you haven't heard by now the Ottawa Senators and Anaheim Ducks will face off in Game one of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight. Game time is 8 pm in the east, and can be seen on Versus in the US and CBC in Canada (hopefully without interruption).
Senators' fans have been in a frenzy for quite some time now, but we'll have to wait until Game three on Saturday to see the euphoria up close. Tonight's game takes place in Anaheim in front of what should be an electric fanbase, albeit one slightly more subdued than anything Canada can produce.
Right now it's time for the most important part of the whole deal; the predictions. Everyone and their dog has written an analysis of the series, so I'm not about to bore you with any of that. Chances are, you've already read a few of those anyway. Let's just cut to the chase and see who around these internets has put their 'balls to the ban saw', if you will. Feel free to add your own insight in the comments.
- Barry Melrose: Ducks in six.
- John Buccigross: Sens in six.
- Battle of California: Ducks in six.
- Yahoo's Jim Fox (who?): Sens in seven.
- SI's Scott Wraight: Ducks in six.
- SportsNet's Ian Mendes: Sens in seven.
- EA Sports' simulation: Sens in six.
- BMR's Pick: Sens in seven.