Wednesday, April 16, 2008

If He is this Mad About the Wild, Imagine How He Felt About Hockey Before the Lockout

Jacques Lemaire... Lookin' creepy...
Doug Pensinger/Getty Images/Yahoo Sports

Mark Kiszla has an interesting article over at the Denver Post trashing on the Wild and their style of play. I'm too far removed from this series to agree or disagree with it, but my buddy Ryan from the Vic Times isn't and he sure isn't fond of the article.

For what it's worth, I'll throw my .02 into the ring. I'm not an expert to begin with, and far be it from me to know the ins and outs of the Western Conference, but I can't figure out what Kiszla is trying to prove here. Sure, the Wild play a tough, physical style but isn't that typical of Western Conference hockey these days? That's not a rhetorical question either. I'm pretty certain it's the case, but as always, correct me if I'm wrong. I also want to know where this complaining was before Game Three. Was Kiszla this pissed about the whole rest of the season? I mean, jeez, imagine how he must have felt about all the clutching, grabbing, trapping and other assorted BS that was rampant in the NHL prior to the lockout. Hopefully he's not another fanboy like Don Brennan. I have no idea. This, my friends and Western Conference experts (I know you're out there!) is for you to decide.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, the West is about skills PLUS hitting which is fun to watch. Plus the Wild have guys like Gaborik and PMB that go nuts from time to time so I don't mind watching them play. A shot of Jack also helps the situation.

    ReplyDelete