Chris Pronger just looks goofy in a suit.
Graig Abel/Getty Images
Tonight, the NHL rolled out the red carpet in Toronto and went all Hollywood on our collective asses. Sidney Crosby, Nick Lidstrom, Chris Pronger, Vinny Lecavalier and a host of other big NHL names got all dressed up in suits, each hoping to receive some hardware. Before we get to the real award winners, I'd like to present BMR's award for Best Date to Shane Doan of the Coyotes. Doan brought along Trish Stratus, of WWE fame, for the event. Well done Shane, well done.
Here's the rundown:
- Hart Trophy (NHL MVP): Sidney Crosby, PIT
- Calder Trophy (Rookie of the Year): Evgeni Malkin, PIT
- Norris Trophy (Best Defenseman): Nicklas Lidstrom, DET
- Lady Byng Trophy (Sportsmanship): Pavel Datsyuk, DET
- Frank J. Selke Trophy (Best Defensive Forward): Rod Brind'Amour, CAR
- Vezina Trophy (Best Goaltender): Martin Brodeur, NJD
- Jack Adams Award (Best Coach): Alain Vigneault, VAN
- King Clancy Memorial Trophy (Leadership/Humanitarian): Saku Koivu, MTL
- Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy (Perseverance, Sportsmanship, Dedication to hockey): Phil Kessel, BOS
- Art Ross Trophy (Most Points): Sidney Crosby, PIT
- Maurice Richard Trophy (Most Goals): Vincent Lecavalier, TBL
- William Jennings Trophy (Fewest Goals Allowed): Niklas Backstrom (a.k.a.Wild Bill Backstrom) and Manny Fernandez, MIN
Dave Sandford/Getty Images
What? You really thought I wouldn't post a picture of Doan and Stratus? For shame!