Friday, July 13, 2007

Brent Sutter Wants Lou Lamoriello to Fire Him

Awkward press conference photos, #42.
Mel Evans/AP

As it turns out, Lou Lamoriello actually hires coaches. I was starting to think that he just had a whole bunch of coaches and fired one each month.

The lastest in line for the Devils bench job is Brent Sutter, a former long-time Blackhawk and Islander. Sutter is also a member of hockey's first family, the Sutters. Most recently, he had a successful tenure as coach/GM of the WHL's Red Deer Rebels.

All I thought when I heard about this; how long till Lamoriello fires sutter? My bet is down on February 11th. That being said, if I'm Sutter, I have some sort of guarantee in my contract that I'll finish this season, if not the next two.

Apologies for the lack of updates recently, but things are getting pretty hairy. Right now, I'm working two jobs, and lately they both have been busy, so I'm not able to post much from home or work.

No comments:

Post a Comment