Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sorry, but Toronto is Way Too Entertaining Right Now


As you know, I'm not a Canadian so I've never had to live with them, but I've always had a sneaking suspicion that fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs were basically Canada's version of New York Yankee fans. They are from a big city that has a large media contingent and thanks to the team's storied history, they can basically win any argument when it comes to reputation. Essentially they are the Yankees, with about half the championship titles.

Now I know, I know. If you have been following my ramblings over at the FanHouse, you know that I have been writing an awful lot lately about the TML, poking fun at the whole John Ferguson situation and then piling on. I said I was going to quit picking on them cold turkey, too.

And then this video fell into my lap.

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. It's just so damn easy.

I know, the Sens have won all of zero Stanley Cups in the modern era. I know, they really don't have anything on the Leafs lately save for a Conference title and a couple of division titles. It's just that when your team hasn't done anything since 1967 and hasn't even been to the playoffs the last few years, thus not even having the chance to choke, you can't really do all that much talking of the proverbial smack. Then, when you throw in the diss about how the Stanley Cup will never go to Ottawa... Well, is it ever going to come back to Toronto?



5 comments:

  1. TO would only be like the Yankees if they had the Cup record of Montreal - thin it would be spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good song--terrible video though. Boo, bad MS paint jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WGR did it better 3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making fun of the Rangers/Leafs/Yankeess is always a good idea.

    ReplyDelete