Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Daily Sniper: Well, That Sure Was Swift and Decisive

Dave Sandford/Getty Images/Yahoo Sports

So after some great battles, we all expected a no holds barred adrenaline fueled thrill ride of destruction for tonight's Game Seven in the Montreal/Boston series. Hoo. Yeah. Not so much.

The Canadiens were backed to their old tricks, reminding me of Habs teams from back in the day, as they sent the Bs packing, 5-0. The Kostitsyns were off the chain in this one, accounting for three of the teams goals. Carey Price stopped 25 and earned the shutout and the Habs held the Bruins to an 0-for-6 margin on the powerplay. It only took seven games, but the two teams finally played the type of game I thought they would. With any luck, it was bound to happen at some point I guess.

Elsewhere, the Capitals pulled off a Bruins-like comeback to send the series to a decisive seventh game Tuesday night. The only difference here is that unlike the Bs, the Caps will have home ice advantage in Game Seven. What was a 2-2 game heading into the third ended when Alex Ovechkin decided to show up and play. He scored twice, his second and third goals of the playoffs, to power the Caps to a 4-2 victory. Danny Briere scored again, but hold the phone on praising him, he was -3 on the night. I guess it is kind of impressive, being on the ice for all four Caps goals and all. Not really the idea, though.

2 comments:

  1. And there was a little riot as well. Can't wait to see what happens for the Eastern semi-finals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I wasn't in the middle of Montreal (even though I love seeing the Bruins lose.) I mean, jeez, if that;s what happens after first round...lemme just say, I'm glad I'm headed back home for the summer.

    ReplyDelete