So I was over on the frontpage of the BBC earlier (don't ask) and I'm not quite sure how it happened... But someone goofed.
Last I remember, the 'Sport' section over in Britain was British for what we Americans on this side of the pond know as the 'Sports' section. Apparently, that's not the case anymore. Now, it means such things as:
- Obama and Bush to meet next week
- IMF cuts economic growth forecast
- Bomb hits Pakistan tribal elders
- Ga. man cleaning with blowtorch sets house on fire
- Jogger Runs Mile With Rabid Fox Biting Her
- Man, 73, Scores In College Hoops Game
With all the new attention these sports will recieve from the BBC website, I imagine we will see some changes in the sports world. Next week ESPN will announce plans to launch a new network, ESPN Old School, dedicated to serving the 55-75 demographic. The International Olympic Committee also chooses to add events in Blowtorch Housecleaning and a special 4x400 meter relay where competitors run while attached to rabid animals. The fun starts when the animals have to be handed off to teammates after each lap.