Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Gary Roberts Will Destroy You and Everything You Stand For

Is it me or does Ryan Getzlaf look drunk?
Jim McIsaac/Getty Images

By now you've probably heard about it, but I'm going to reiterate the point anyway. Gary Roberts absolutely destroyed Philadelphia's Ben Eager (who?) last night. I mean he deployed an army of hay makers we haven't seen since the heydays of Mr. T and Sly Stallone.

The Penguins ended up losing the game, which took place in Philly, by a count of 8-2. Sometimes it's not about the score, though. Sometimes it's about whose 41-year old vet beats the tar out of whose 23-year old punk kid. If we're playing by those rules... Game. Set. Match. Pens.

And if you haven't seen it, or just want a good laugh before you call it a day, check out the video of the destruction.


  1. Old man beating up a young buck - reminded me of when Robin Ventura charged the mound against Nolan Ryan.

  2. Sitting in the upper concourse of the Wachovia center, wearing a Crosby jersey and surrounded by blood thirsty Flyers fans, I could not help but stand up and applaud Roberts sticking it to Eager.

    Of course my life was threatened and I was publicly berated for the remainder of the game. But really that's about what I expected heading in. 8-2, though, the Pens couldn't do me a little better than that.

  3. WWGRD?

    Well, beat the shit out of Ben Eager, for one...

  4. Stop me if you've heard this one before!

    "Looks like Ben was a little too eager for that one." Get it? Eager... um...

  5. It's always fun to see the pups schooled by the geezers.