Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Way More "Classic" Than You Can Possibly Handle

Tip to the girl in the middle... If you're dating any of these guys, you should probably reconsider that right about now. Especially the one yelling "woo, I can't feel my (you know)..."
Dave Sandford/Getty Images, via Yahoo!


It's not like you haven't heard enough about that game already. You know, the one with the Crosby and the outdoors and such. Maps. As such. The Iraqs. Don't worry, there's another post on the whole situation ahead after this one. In the meantime, I'd like to point out all the stories about it that you should be reading. This way, we're all completely overloaded and tired of talking about that game, the one that shall remain nameless, by about, oh, an hour from now.

It's going to be like the Mitchell Report, just for hockey blogs. In a few days, everyone is going to be so sick of talking about it we're going to pretend it's irrelevant and didn't happen. Before that happens, let's make sure we talk the hell outta this thing.

Ooooh... Pretty. At the FanHouse Jes has photo gallery of that game up. If you don't have some kind of a vendetta against Getty Images, it's certainly worth checking out.

Eric McErlain does the might be a blog, might be a journalist thing at the Sporting News, and it works out pretty well. He's got a recap of the day.

There are quite a few recaps out there from people who actually went to the thing. DeadSpin has one up, as hockey continues to invade Leitch's baby, hopefully to in the end help create a spawn that solely cares about hockey. The report is from some guy I've never heard of, but he writes for the Onion so that means he's got to be the shizz.

At this point, I'm going to go back to the well for the millionth time and link to the same people I always link to. Partially cause I love what they write, partially cause I'm sheltered and afraid of the cold, harsh world. I'm not really sure. Either way, the Pens Blog was stellar as usual. For example:

Scotty also had a lot of great thoughts on the game, from his ever growing blog. On Frozen Blog continues to provide well thought out and logical reactions to the game. Embrace sanity, folks. There's nothing wrong with some of that from time to time, even if we don't like sanity round these parts... Hear that sanity? Better keep walkin' n' stay away from mah daughter b'fore I shoot yas with this here shotgun!

I was too busy posting Ghostbusters pictures, but the word is Melt Your Face Off had a solid live blog. If you have some sort of insatiable craving to read anything and everything about that game, you should probably check it out. Going Five Hole also raised the question; where was Gary Bettman in all this?

So there you have it. More coverage of that game that shall remain nameless than you will ever need. I hope you're sick of talking about it now. There's still one more post to come about it from me. Nothing too exciting though, so don't get your hopes up. Unless you like being disappointed. In which case, you're probably from Buffalo.

Oh, and might well throw shameless plugs in while I'm linking to everything under the sun. Here's my FanHouse shhtuff from the last few days.

Amp Energy Spot a Classic
Holiday Greetings From Around the NHL
Samsonov Given the Boot by Blackhawks
A Look at the Most Popular NHLers

4 comments:

  1. Even though you were "linking everything under the sun", I greatly appreciate the shout-out ... well worth freezing my ass off for alongside the same people who chanted I - me, not just the team, I sucked as I walked out of HSBC last year after the Rangers lost ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty awesome. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if the "sounds of Seal on ice" suffered the same fate as the Barbaro thing during the playoffs. Oh well, we'll take what we can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was under the impression that we at Melt Your Face Off were already the "Deadspin spawn that solely cares about hockey." It says so right there in Wikipedia, so it must be true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unless you like being disappointed. In which case, you're probably from Buffalo.

    Ouch. :(

    ReplyDelete