Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Last Islander Related Post Today. Promise.

Hopefully that Don Maloney post didn't bore all of you to death. If that's the case, there should still be a few BMR readers out there. Just in case you didn't get your fill of New York Islander related stories, I have one more for you. Don't worry, I'll make this as quick and painless as possible. It'll be the last one about the team until they sign Ryan Smyth. Promise. (I can dream, can't I?)

Effective today, Mike Milbury will no longer have ANY ROLE in the operation of the New York Islanders. I repeat; Mike Milbury is gone. For good. FINALLY.

Excuse me one moment.

[deep breath while thrusting my fists high into the air]

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[another deep breath, as I try to collect myself]

OK, there is one string attached although it's a very, very minor one. Milbury will still be an advisor to Owner Charles Wang, but only in regards to Wang's "special projects". Specifically, Wang's Project Hope youth hockey program, which is trying to build youth hockey in China.

There you have it, folks. It took 12 years, but the last person associated with all that went wrong on Long Island throughout the 1990's has left.

Mike Milbury
NewYorkIslanders.com


No comments:

Post a Comment