Thursday, May 24, 2007

Let's Move the Predators to Canada!

Alright, alright. I admit it. I tried to pull a fast one with that title. No one's trying to move the Predators to Canada (yet). I'm not endorsing the Predators moving north, although I would like to see another team in Canada. I'm really just trying to open a can of worms. Call me naive, but I've said it before and I'll say it again; I'll believe that there's going to be a seventh Canadian team when I see it.

As of last night, everyone and their sister is reporting that rich-as-heck Canadian business man Jim Balsillie has sealed a deal to buy the Nashville Predators.

Remember him? He's the founder of Blackberry who tried to buy the Penguins with the hopes of moving them to Hamilton, Ontario a few months ago.

It's not that much of a stretch to think that he might be planning something similar with the Predators.

At this point I'm going to redirect you, as there is already a lot of good coverage of this story around the internets. The FanHouse has a take on the situation, and James Mirtle is declaring that the Predators are going far north in the near future. Out of Left Field thinks that Winnipeg is an option along with Hamilton. Really?

...And excuse me for posting celebrity pictures twice in a row, but Faith Hill is all that comes to mind when I think of Nashville. Is that so wrong?

Will Jim Balsillie move the Preds out of Nashville and far away from Faith Hill?
Mark Terrill/AP



No comments:

Post a Comment