Monday, August 4, 2008

The Questionable Tattoo Selections of Long Islanders

Over at Newsday, there's a neat column from Barbara Barker today. While most of us aren't amazed that people do, in fact, get the logos of their favorite sports teams tattooed on their body, I guess the more casual newspaper readers might be. Nonetheless, it's always interesting to see the random crap people put on themselves.

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against tattoos. Some ideas tend to be more obscure and oddball than others. A lot of you may be going "well, yeah, an Islanders' tattoo is probably a bad idea". And you may be right. But if you think that's a bad idea, then you haven't seen anything yet. Forget the names of ex-wives. Forget Steve O's self-portrait.

Let's take, for example, the folks that Newsday interviewed and photographed for this story. These folks may just take the cake. They are a bit more liberal when it comes to body art than the average person. I'm not talking about full length arm tattoos. That may make you look conservative compared to a few of these people.

For her 18th birthday, Hicksville's Alyssa Gluck had Winnie the Pooh with a New York Islanders logo on its stomach tattooed on her ankle.

Because, you know, that's an obvious combination. Oh yes, there are pictures.

All pictures (C) Newsday

There's also the football playing Barney Rubble which raises a lot of questions.

But my own personal favorite goes to the person who did this to themselves. This alone deserves a medal of honor.

Yeah, that Volek. There's only one word I can really use to describe that tattoo... Stunned.

If you have any sports related body art that you would like to share with the group for future stories, please send pictures/descriptions to melroserocks@gmail.com.



2 comments:

  1. So are you suggesting I commission a "DiPietro 4Eva" tat with Voltron playing goal in the near future?

    That's all I took from this article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a guy once with "I slept with Shaq" across the forehaed (although the picture eludes me now)

    Thanks for making me regret the "Wellwood Rules" tramp stamp * even more than I do now.

    *-tramp stamp does not exist

    ReplyDelete