Saturday, August 11, 2007

It's Been Three Months and Rather Inexplicably, You Still Listen

Has it really only been three months since BMR was born? It feels more like eight years.

Today I want to say thanks to everyone who has stopped by and taken the time to read the drivel I type and send into cyberspace over the past three months. Extra props goes to those who have commented, which proves to me that there are actually people out there looking at the blog, and all those hits on the counter aren't just a figment of my imagination. You're all what makes this place run, because I really wouldn't be doing this if I was just talking to myself. I do that enough as it is.

The truth is, half the time I don't have any idea what to write about on a given day, (as you may have noticed) but hopefully I've entertained you more than I've pissed you off. The season is coming up soon, and I still have no idea how I'm going to go about covering it.

In between nightmares of Fetus, I'm having nightmares about the direction of the blog during the upcoming season. Each month, there seems to be a different theme to the blog. May was basically snide comments and long, well thought out posts. In June that turned into shorter posts and more pictures, followed by July; a month of deranged pictures and almost no coherent thoughts whatsoever. August, well, we will just have to wait and see how this mistake month ends up. From what I can gather, it seems like you fine folks enjoy snide comments sprinkled into post which have coherent, thoughtful analysis. But I'm not really sure. Feel free to voice your opinions in the comments on the subject in the comments or by email.

For a little nostalgia, although I don't think three months ago quite qualifies as nostalgia, let's take a look at some of the best pictures (imo) from the past three months. You can click on each picture to see which post it was part of. My personal favorite is still Kyle Turris playing Beirut.
Side note: If you have any interest in seeing the most viewed posts ever, scroll down to the section on the left sidebar entitled "Best. Mullets. Ever."



4 comments:

  1. Kevin--you were right when you said that it seems like the blog has been around for "more like eight years" instead of 3 months. I say that because you seem to know what you're talking about (more than I can say for most people.) Your blog is awesome, especially how you mix the analysis with stuff like loltextonphots. Thanks a lot, keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blog so far. Realize this though - if for some reason you give this up, a little bit of Barry Melrose's eternal youth will cease to exist. He will grow old and weak without the continuance of this blog. I, for one, don't want to see a white-haired mullet man anytime soon on ESPN talking a-boot organ-I-zations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. Keep up the mad skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words all, it means a lot.

    Gah, I really hope I don't have that effect on Barry. That's all the more reason to keep on truckin. I mean jeez, I don't want to give the guy a stroke or anything.

    ReplyDelete